[wics-announce] WiCS: Tech workshop - Tshirt design - Mentorship mailing list

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 10 01:21:30 EST 2015

Hi everyone!

We have some exciting updates for you:

*1. Tech workshop *

We're hoping to run another software workshop this semester, around the end
of February.
If you fill out our survey about what/how you are interested in learning,
you will have *PRIORITY* for the workshop if you choose to apply!
*You are not required to answer every question*
http://goo.gl/forms/OYwJfCN489

*2. T-shirt design request*

We'll be ordering t-shirts at the end of the month and are looking for a
design for the shirt!
Please include the logo http://wics.uwaterloo.ca/images/logo.png, and send
your design to wics.ugrad at gmail.com by *March 1st*.
The person whose design is chosen will also receive a free t-shirt.
Note: We will be taking orders for shirts in the first week of March so get
pumped!

*3. Mentorship mailing list*

Big/Little CSters now has a mailing list!
You can email this list to discuss school, jobs, personal life, etc. or
just goof around with your fellow CSters. The list is only open to cis and
trans women and non-binary folks, and will be moderated. We really look
forward to chatting with you.

We also want to remind everyone about our *office hours*:
We're often hanging out in M3 1003, 10-5.
Check our calendar for updated office hours: wics.uwaterloo.ca/calendar/
There are snacks and tea and friendly people.
Come say hi !

That's all for now!  We wish you best of luck on your midterms  :)

--
Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science

*If you'd like more updates/information from WiCS:*
wics.uwaterloo.ca/ (you can view our calendar here! more events coming
soon)
facebook.com/groups/wicsUW/
twitter.com/wicsuw