[quantum-info] Fwd: Postdoc position in QEC on Google AI Quantum Theory Team

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Jul 29 04:01:30 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jarrod McClean <jmcclean at google.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 5:00 AM
Subject: Postdoc position in QEC on Google AI Quantum Theory Team
To: <dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca>

Dear Professor Gottesman,

We're starting a program for postdoc researchers within the Google AI
theory effort, and one of the areas we're strongly interested in is
recruiting people from the error correction world to work on potential
NISQ implementations.  As a leading researcher in this area, I was
both wondering if you knew anyone who might be interested as well as
might be able to pass along the following ad to any mailing lists
where interested people might be watching at Duke or otherwise.  Thank
you in advance

Google AI, Quantum Team

Postdoctoral researcher in near-term quantum error correction

Venice Beach, California

Requirements:

PhD in a quantum computing related area (e.g. physics, chemistry,
mathematics, computer science, etc.) with research experience in a
quantum computing

Some research experience with quantum error correction and/or fault tolerance

Recent graduate at time of starting

Interest in development of applications for near-term quantum devices

Familiarity with Python, C, or C++

Research Description:

This is a limited term, full-time postdoctoral research appointment
pursuing research aimed at increasing the potential for near-term
quantum computers by reducing the impact of noise. Specifically, we
will seek to improve the impact of technology from quantum error
correction and fault tolerance on near-term devices.  The work
includes the development of new algorithms, improvement of existing
techniques with a focus on near-term implementations, and planning
potential experiments on real quantum hardware to test and improve
methods. You will be working closely with senior research scientist
Jarrod McClean from the Google AI Quantum Team.  The team is highly
collaborative and publication of novel research is both expected and
encouraged.

For more information, please contact Jarrod McClean
(jmcclean at google.com) directly.  Interested applicants are encouraged
to include an updated CV.

At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support
it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products
and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship,
marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also
consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories,
consistent with legal requirements.

Best,

Jarrod