[quantum-info] Fwd: Invitation to "Austrian Quantum Information Conference 2019", 31st October 2019 in Vienna

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Tue Jul 30 17:34:00 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: BeyondC <beyondc at univie.ac.at>
Date: Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:36 AM
Subject: Invitation to "Austrian Quantum Information Conference 2019", 31st
October 2019 in Vienna
To: BeyondC <beyondc at univie.ac.at>

Dear Colleagues,

We would kindly ask you to forward the following invitation to the
"Austrian Quantum Information Conference 2019", which will take place in
October 2019, to researchers in quantum information.

Please find attached a poster for further distribution (high resolution
versions for printing can be found in the download section here
https://beyondc.at/events/sfb-beyondc-conference-2019/practical-information/
).

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

The local organizing team

Dear Colleagues,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the “Austrian Quantum
Information Conference 2019”, which will take place on the 31st of October
2019 (with a welcome reception on the evening of the 30th of October) in
Vienna, Austria.

The goal of this conference is to highlight present achievements and future
perspectives in the fields of photons, trapped ions, superconducting
circuits and the underlying theory, on the road to demonstrating quantum
advantage and going beyond the possibilities of classical technologies.
This conference is the first annual conference organised by the Special
Research Program “Quantum Information Systems Beyond Classical Capabilities
(BeyondC)”.

The conference will include talks by the following invited speakers:

*Ignacio Cirac* (Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics)

*Barak Dayan* (Weizmann Institute)

*Chris Monroe* (University of Maryland)

*Ashley Montanaro* (University of Bristol)

*Tracy Northup* (University of Innsbruck)

*William Oliver* (MIT Lincoln Labs)

We invite researchers at any career stage who want to learn more about the
modern trends in quantum information research to register under
https://beyondc.at/events/sfb-beyondc-conference-2019/registration/.

Registration is now open until 31st of August!

More information on the conference and scientific programme can be found at
https://beyondc.at/conference-2019. The conference will also include a
Welcome reception on the 30th of October and a poster session.

We would also like to draw your attention to a complementary event taking
place from the 28th - 30th October 2019 at the same location: The *Vienna
Graduate Conference on Complex Quantum Systems 2019*
<https://coqus.at/conference-2019/> organised by the CoQuS Doctoral Program
<https://coqus.at/>.

With kind regards,

Philip Walther and Barbara Kraus

Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the SFB BeyondC consortium

On behalf of the Organising Committee

beyondc at univie.ac.at

[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01D504E7.EDF26560]