[MacTUG] mid 2012 Macbook Air firmware update

Dani Roloson daroloso at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 21 14:40:22 EDT 2013

Since I was tired of entering individual serial numbers on Apple's page to determine models,
I wrote the following AppleScript which is probably fragile if Apple changes its page
(it did handle unknown serial numbers). You want the Replies not the Events.

set oldDelims to AppleScript's text item delimiters

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {ASCII character 10}

set SNumbers to every text item of (read (choose file with prompt "Pick text file containing Serial Numbers"))

repeat with SNum in SNumbers

tell application "Safari"

open location "http://support.apple.com/specs/#" & SNum

delay 10

set webresult to (text of document 1)

end tell

set delimitedList to every text item of webresult

log SNum

log (item 14 of delimitedList)

log "---"

end repeat

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to oldDelims