[MacTUG] Managing Mac OS X Lion's application resume feature | MacFixIt <- How about this one Don?

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Wed Aug 10 19:04:45 EDT 2011

Lion will also quit apps after a period of time which have no open windows and have been left dormant in background.
Not sure period of time at this moment. We were thinking of you Don. :-)

Automatic and Sudden Termination of Applications Improve the User Experience
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/General/Conceptual/MOSXAppProgrammingGuide/CoreAppDesign/CoreAppDesign.html

Hence sure I would suggest locking save state folders. You might get bitten by apps that support this feature.

Steve

On 2011-08-10, at 2:56 PM, Donald Duff-McCracken wrote:

> I think the reason it does not bother me is that I usually do not
> quit apps until I am sure I am done with it. That is likely why I have a
> million apps running at the end of the day and why I am bugged by the
> second form of resume, hahaŠ

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu