[MacTUG] Desktop deployment

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 19 11:59:20 EDT 2010

Glen Donegan from Microsoft will be on campus Tuesday October 26 to discuss Desktop deployment, here is a brief outline:

Windows 7 is ushering in a new era on the desktop. Many organizations have not touched their desktops in many years since their original Windows XP deployment. During this time many other important components have changed and progressed. Technology has marched on, user needs and expectations have changed, the Internet has come of age, virtualization technologies have risen, and many other factors are different from when you designed and deployed your Windows XP desktops. This means things are not as simple as replacing Windows XP with Windows 7. Rather, you need to think about your desktop and the infrastructure that supports this. You need an optimized desktop solution to easily take advantage of all of these technologies and enable your desktops to be productive long into the future. In this demo-filled session, we will look at how to weave technologies like Windows 7, the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP), and desktop virtualization technologies into a coherent desktop strategy.

The talk will take place in MC2009 from 1 to 3 pm.
Please pass this on to anyone that I may have missed and please reply to me if you are planning on attending.

Thanks
Sandy

Sandra Laughlin
License Coordinator