[MacTUG] Mac email - not from field value in sent mailbox after change over to Exchange 2010

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Mon Nov 15 13:14:19 EST 2010

Hi All,

Looked into this more while I was down in California last week. Yes there are still issues with Exchange 2010.  It pretty new "hence name Exchange 2010". :-)  Currently we haven't stated compatibility with it but it is something we are working on with MS.  They have changed some of the server behaviours and we need to make changes client when talking to 2010 server vs 2007 server and these changes are not trivial. Of course IMAP standard has not changed so they should work.

I don't have any confirmed dates as to when it will be fully supported but it something we are looking into and we are working with Microsoft to best resolve.
If new information comes my way I will be sure to post.

Steve

On 2010-11-15, at 9:55 AM, Glenn Anderson wrote:

> For some reason after the change from Exchange 2007 to 2010 as the mail server, the sender is not being recorded/displayed in the From field in the sent mailbox folder in Mac email.
> This only happens when using the EWS protocol, imap works fine. Also, it only occurs when the sent mail is saved on the host, not the local machine.
>
> I was hoping that 10.6.5 would have address this problem, but it has not.
>
> Also, from some of the forum postings, this might not be limited to just Mac email, as a few posters have also said the problem occurs with Thunderbird and mobile email clients.
>
> I am wondering if anyone else had this reported or seen a solution posted for this.
>
> The best thread on Apple's forums that I have found is this http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2531837&start=15&tstart=1
>

> Glenn Anderson
> IST, University of Waterloo
> anderson at uwaterloo.ca
> 519-888-4567 x33327

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu