[MacTUG] SMB Days of Deals | Dell Canada

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Wed May 26 15:03:43 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

Agreed. You get 3 year hardware warranty with the Dell.  Not sure I would call it support. ;-)

By all surveys and report Apple's support is in a class on it own.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10467112-37.html

You also seem to ignore much slower (less expensive) RAM that does match FSB of the processor, smaller hard drive some of which is already taken up with the Windows installer as there is OS DVD's with computer, and much longer battery life with WIFI on vs 6 hours.  No ilife - Garageband, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb.

If you "Value" price only then I get your point. But you get much less hardware and software.

ChildCare Centre is very lucky to have you help them out! Could they do it on their own? What's your time worth $400 maybe? Are you adding on cost like Virus protection? Just saying I think price alone does not equate to cost of ownership and happiness with product.

Finally this Dell is on sale. Normal price is $1,630 (from website).  So I can only assume that the Dell is a good value to if on sale.

Cheers,
Steve

Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu