[MacTUG] Entourage EWS released

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 14 11:12:38 EDT 2009

So Steve, I thought it was the version of exchange that was the important
thing. Entourage EWS needs exchange server 2007 (which we have) but they do
not make a point over which version of the server it is running on.

While I like Entourage EWS, I was hoping to move back to Mail.app when 10.6
came out and to encourage the upgrade to 10.6 for my Mail.app users (who are
90% of my mac users, even if they have entourage on their machines). It will
be a shame if the exchange services it provides are reliant on server 2008.
As Trevor rightly pointed out, there are no plans to migrate to 2008 server,
one of the main reasons being that we will likely be making a big migration
to the next version of exchange which does need to sit on server 2008.
Steve, for sure having Exchange 2007 sitting on server 2003 is not enough?

Regarding Outlook for the Mac and what it needs, I think that one will
likely be pretty much moot. I would not be surprised if we are on the new
version of exchange before office 2010 sees widespread use (no pressure
Trevor, Tim, etc, haha)