[MacTUG] Meeting Tuesday Nov 29.

Richard Crispin rcrispin at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 24 09:33:56 EST 2005

Good Morning All
The first great snow fall of the year. It sure looks clean out there.

Our regular meeting is scheduled for Tuesday Nov 29 at 9:15 am in the library.

I would like to discuss things we need to talk to Apple about. I met
with Randy Milthorpe and he is willing to meet with us in the new
year. In preparation for that meeting I would like us to discuss
issues, problems, questions that we might want to discuss with Apple.

 From my point of view it would be nice if we could get a deal on
support. I know this has been discussed before but maybe if we bring
it up enough times, Apple will change their mind.

The other thing I would like to talk about is site licensing. This is
more a UW issue than anything else. I asked the computer store about
site licensing iWork since we have had a number of people wanting to
us Pages. There response is below. I wondered if there is a need for
this and should we be asking Sandy about it.
---
Hi Richard,

Pricing, per seat, for iWork licensing follows with 10 units being the minimum:

$46.99  D2940Z/A  iWork '05 VLA 10-99 Seats
$32.99  D2941Z/A  iWork '05 VLA 100-999 Seats
$14.99  D2942Z/A  iWork '05 VLA 1000+ Seats

$25.99  M9615ZM/A  iWork '05 Media Set

$34.99  M9614Z/A  iWork '05 Doc Set
$34.99  M9614F/A  iWork '05 Doc Set - Fr.

There are also 3-year maintenance plans available that I could price
if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ian

--
Richard Crispin
Information Systems Admin   e-mail:rcrispin at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
St. Jerome's University     phone:Days (519)884-8111 ext. 8260
200 Westmount Rd.           FAX:(519)725-0015
Waterloo, Ont.  N2L 3G3
Canada
---
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
his sleep...      ... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.

"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"~Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

"Time, heat and pressure.
   The same things that make a diamond also make a waffle."~Scott Meyer