[quantum-info] Fwd: Postdoc and PhD positions at Aachen / Jülich

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Dec 18 09:52:03 EST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Müller, Markus <m.mueller at physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 2:42 AM
Subject: Postdoc and PhD positions at Aachen / Jülich
To: Müller, Markus <m.mueller at physik.rwth-aachen.de>

Dear Colleague,

we are offering postdoctoral and PhD positions in my group at RWTH
Aachen and Forschungszentrum Jülich, some details are given below.

I would appreciate if you could forward this information to any
suitable candidates. Thank you!

With best regards,

Markus Müller

We are offering postdoc (E13) and PhD positions (E13 3/4) to highly
motivated and well-qualified applicants to conduct research in the
area of quantum information processing, with a focus on quantum error
correction, fault-tolerant quantum computing and physical
implementations. Research topics can include:

Verification and Certification of Quantum Fault-Tolerance
Open Quantum Neural Networks - From Fundamental Concepts to
Implementations with Atoms and Photons
Advanced quantum computing with trapped ions, with HPC connection

The successful candidates will join the theoretical quantum technology
group led by Markus Müller at RWTH Aachen and Forschungszentrum
Jülich.

Our group is highly passionate about research, with an inclusive and
open working and discussion atmosphere, and substantial international
collaborations. We are part of a vibrant and growing research
environment, including JARA and the Cluster of Excellence ML4Q.
Involvement in ongoing local and international collaborations will be
strongly encouraged.

We seek postdoctoral applicants preferentially with a main background
in quantum information theory, quantum error correction and
fault-tolerance, benchmarking, quantum or classical machine learning,
or a closely related field; for PhD applicants, previous experience in
quantum information and programming is desirable. We particularly
welcome applications from women and applicants with diverse
backgrounds.

The positions are related to the European Quantum Flagship, ERC, US
and German BMBF/DFG funding.

Applications should consist of a cover letter, a CV including
publication list, and a brief (max two pages) research statement. For
postdoc (PhD) applications two (one) letters of recommendation should
be arranged for. PhD applications should also include a copy of the
master thesis and transcripts. The postdoc positions are for two years
in the first place, with the possibility for a renewal by a third
year.

Questions regarding the positions and all applications should be
emailed to m.mueller at physik.rwth-aachen.de. Review of applications
will begin after January 20, 2021, and continue until the positions
are filled. Early submissions are appreciated. Start dates flexible.

—
Prof. Dr. Markus Müller
Institute for Quantum Information
RWTH Aachen University