[wics-announce] [cs-female-undergrads] Mentors & Cake Social Tomorrow and WiCS TShirt Design Contest!

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 7 09:33:26 EST 2017

Hi Everyone!

Hope school is going well! There's lots going on with WiCS this month and we'd love to see you get involved with us!

***Mentorship and Cake Social***

[cid:image001.png at 01D28124.DA394DC0]

Like Cake? Looking for guidance about all things related to being a woman in CS to the coop process, to academics? WiCS will be a mentorship and cake social this Wednesday and you are invited! Be matched with an upper year CS student. Partake in activities including coffee chats, technical interview tips, co-op preparation advice, and more. You must RSVP to this event. An email will be sent the morning of the event with mentor matchings.

When: February 8th, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Where: MC 2034

Cake will be served as well. Please indicate any dietary restrictions you have in the link below.

Note: This is a women-only event.

RSVP: https://goo.gl/forms/JRwZhRnAgqO18yel1

***WiCS T-Shirt Design Contest***

WiCS is looking for the next big designer! We've extended the deadline for our tshirt design contest until February 26, 2017 at 11:59PM. All women and non-binary students in the Faculty of Math are welcome to submit a design!

Requirements:

  *   Posters should be inclusive of women and non-binary individuals and should not have any gender-specific symbols
  *   Must reference "Women in Computer Science" or "WiCS"
  *   Design is 1 colour or 2 colours on A4 sheet of paper (any solid colour(s) of choice)
  *   Content must be appropriate

Submit your designs to: wics-ugrad at lists.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:wics-ugrad at lists.uwaterloo.ca>

There will be tons of events coming up soon so keep connected with us on social media.

Best of Luck!

~ WiCS Undergraduate Subcommittee