[wics-announce] Nov. 20 Lecture: "Breaking into Open Source and Linux: a USB 3.0 success story"

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 30 18:44:23 EDT 2014

Hello!

On behalf of the Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee, I
would like to invite you to attend our public lecture, "Breaking into
Open Source and Linux: a USB 3.0 success story." Our speaker is Sarah
Sharp, Linux kernel developer and maintainer, and the author of the
Linux USB 3.0 driver. Sarah will provide a deep dive into how USB 3.0
support was added to the Linux kernel, as an example of the technical,
social, and cultural challenges in getting involved in open source
development.  You can read Sarah's full bio and order a ticket for the
talk on the Eventbrite page:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/public-lecture-breaking-into-open-source-and-linux-a-usb-30-success-story-tickets-14031112435

The talk will be held in the Modern Languages Theatre of the Arts on
Thursday, November 20th at 5:30PM.

If you require any disability accommodations, please let me know. We
have hearing aids and wheelchair seating available, and we are working
to provide real-time transcription of the talk.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for questions or more information.

Hope to see you there!

--
Elana Hashman
Undergraduate Representative