[quantum-info] "It from Qubit" Summer School at Perimeter Institute (July 18-29, 2016)

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Feb 19 16:14:18 EST 2016

Dear Colleague,

We would like to bring your attention to the “It from Qubit" Summer School
taking place at Perimeter Institute from July 18-29, 2016.

In recent years, compelling evidence has emerged that information theory
provides a powerful way to structure our thinking about quantum gravity and
quantum field theory. In turn, fundamental physics provides new classes of
fascinating questions for quantum information theorists to address.

In spite of these exciting developments, high energy physics and quantum
information theory remain distinct disciplines and communities, separated
by significant barriers to communication and collaboration. This school has
been organized by the "It from Qubit" Simons Foundation Collaboration to
promote communication and learning between the two research communities.
In particular we strongly encourage applications from interested students
and junior researchers whose background is limited to either of the two
fields but who are interested in reaching across disciplinary boundaries.
The school will include both lectures and hands-on tutorials.