[MacTUG] Apple Caves, Agrees to Release Service Manuals and Parts for iPhones - [ifixit's take on the news]

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 19 14:44:20 EST 2021

"""
Taylor sits down with Kyle Wiens, iFixit’s CEO, to talk about Apple’s
wild new Self Service repair program that makes guides, parts, and tools
for newer iPhones available to any customer in the US. This is a huge
step forward, and it never would have been possible without all of you
raising your voices!

Check out Apple's announcement!
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/1...

00:00 Introduction
00:23 What is the Apple Self Repair Program?
00:51 What are the Good and Bad things about this program?
01:13 Apple’s history of preventing self repair
01:56 How we think the Apple’s Self Repair Program will work
03:10 How does iFixit feel about Apple Self Repair Program?
05:03 Our best guess about pricing for the Apple Self Repair Program and
Barriers for repair
06:13 The big win of this announcement
06:46 What the Apple Self Repair program means for Right to Repair
08:04 What’s going to change moving forward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjWDQOMQdU
"""