[MacTUG] Interest in a "MacOS" Teams Channel?

Don Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 30 15:57:56 EST 2020

About 2 weeks before I posted my email asking about interest in a mac channel on Campus-IT teams, Kevin Paxman had created a channel called Mac Talk -- https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3ad0c41a8fa11842888a62167170862597%40thread.skype/Mac%2520talk?groupId=2d80adec-1350-4f81-802c-0cf8cd817d43&tenantId=723a5a87-f39a-4a22-9247-3fc240c01396

Thanks Kevin!
I think it would be great if general purpose nerdy postings were also shared there as well as here.

don

------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Director
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x42151<tel:(519)%20888-4567;32151>
I acknowledge that I work and teach on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised and given to Six Nations, which includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.

The information in this message, including any attachments, may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure which is not necessary and proper in the discharge of the University's functions is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from us, including any attachments, without making a copy.

Hey I love mailing lists (perhaps a bit of an exaggeration) but I am living in Teams these days and think that there may be lots of folks in “Campus IT” Team (currently 250+ members) that would not mind the sorts of awesome tips that are sent here (eg Marlon’s note about Recovery Mode). Granted we can just ask folks to join this mailing list but I think something like Teams may be a better way of sharing things. Especially since we are not meeting these days, it might be a good way to keep the “mactug” spirit alive when we are not on campus?

And I would suggest a more generic title like Macintosh OS vs mactug as that will confuse the non-mactug folks.

Just askin’, this is not a hill I am gonna die on, etc etc