[MacTUG] Recovery mode redo coming to Apple Silicon Macs | iMore

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 23 12:41:30 EST 2020

I am going to miss the Target Disk Mode as I used that quite often to deal with users problems in a number of ways. I found it quite a nice feature to be able to boot from an other system as if it was an external drive that one could boot off of.

It sounds like Apple will now allow you to boot/convert your Mac over to a NAS server rather than a hard drive.