[MacTUG] Bootcamp with Windows 10 Education?

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 13 16:54:50 EDT 2019

OK first of all, I have to say that I am really discouraging all support of bootcamp here in ENV as I find it one of those cases where the supporting the whole is greater than supporting the sum of its parts! 😉

So we do not really encounter is a lot trying to steer people towards some sort of VM (either locally hosted on Parallels etc or on a server). I know this info is likely of little help but to you but being said to rationalize  the limited help I can give you! Having said that:

I certainly have installed windows 10 recently on a bootcamp device and have had no problem. Of the myriad of Windows 10 products out there I cannot remember which one I installed, other than it being the one I was told (by Bernie) was the correct one! Even if it was a different version, I cannot see why this should factor in to things.

don

------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Interim Director
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people
I acknowledge that I work and teach on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised and given to Six Nations, which includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.

The information in this message, including any attachments, may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above.  Any other distribution, copying or disclosure which is not necessary and proper in the discharge of the University's functions is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from us, including any attachments, without making a copy.  Thank you.