[MacTUG] making Firefox faster on opening & limiting collection of personal information by Mozilla (a bit)

Keith Peck kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 28 16:01:48 EDT 2018

Hi group,
Firefox has a default setting, under Firefox > Preferences > Privacy & Security to “Allow Firefox to send technical data to Mozilla” (about 2/3 of the way down the page.)

That setting is enabled by default for both Mac and PC versions of FF and it results in Firefox being slightly slower to launch the software than if you disable the option.

Some people may want to disable it just to limit how much Firefox snoops into your personal information (sarcasm on… or maybe not since we all knew about this when we thoroughly read and accepted the terms and conditions to install Firefox?)

[cid:image001.png at 01D40EF9.51581680]

Keith Peck
Computing Consultant, Client Services,
Information Systems and Technology
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1.
EC2 2018E, (519) 888-4567 x.47770
kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca>