[MacTUG] Third-party installer packages may not be installable by the macOS 10.12.4 OS installer | Der Flounder

m3griffi m3griffi at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 29 09:19:09 EDT 2017

How synchronistic as to our discussion yesterday.

enjoy,
--------

"""
With the release of macOS 10.12.4, it appears that Apple has made a
change to the OS installer that blocks the installation of third-party
packages which have been added to the OS installer. In my testing, I’ve
verified the following tools are affected:

     createOSXinstallPkg
     System Image Utility
     create_os_x_vm_install_dmg

Note: There may be others, this list is what I’ve tested.

In each case, the OS install process proceeds without issues until the
OS installer tries to install the third party installer package. At that
point, the installation process fails and displays the message shown below:

The package "Package Name Goes Here" is not signed.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/third-party-installer-packages-may-not-be-installable-by-the-macos-10-12-4-os-installer/
"""