[MacTUG] Campus wide packaging?

Manfred Grisebach manfred at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 30 15:50:25 EST 2016

I don't see the origins of this response so just reacting to what I see below, and purely from IST's perspective. Others may have other information.

IST, via our Workstation Services group, have offered to provide a Mac software deployment infrastructure to any that are willing to participate. We do not have the manpower or expertise to package Mac apps however so have agreement in principle from ENV and AHS, the two groups that trialed the SCCM/Parallels solution for us, that they would be packaging apps themselves and sharing as best as possible as time goes on.
If there is more interest, the key people to contact are Trevor Bain and Don Duff-McCrackin. That's all I know about packaging, but the infrastructure expertise was built and is being managed by IST (with help).
Hopefully this addresses the thread appropriately?
...M