[MacTUG] OS X server - netboot and netinstall disks

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 21 09:34:46 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have just setup an OS X server ( latest version of the server software ) and am trying to test out its netboot and netinstall support.

I was able to create the various drives, setup the server to share them. I can also see them on a Mac on the network and choose to boot off the drives. The problem is that I get a spinning world for a while and then the Mac just boots up of its hard disk as normal.

Is anyone using either netboot/netinstall? and if so any ideas of what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Glenn Anderson
IST
anderson at uwaterloo.ca