[MacTUG] Wake up sleeping Mac, then two clicks to login - can it be changed to one click?

Keith Peck kdpeck at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 21 08:35:51 EDT 2015

Hi,
Not sure if this annoys anyone else… whenever I wake my Mac from it sleeping (touch the trackpad, mouse, or any key for the display to show) and THEN try to log into my Mac it doesn’t respond to the first click on my user account icon – I have to click a second time on my user account icon before the password entry field appears.

My preference would be a way to set my machine to wake up, and then respond with a password field to the first click on my account icon – if possible?

Keith