[MacTUG] MacOS ShellShock fix

Mike Patterson mpatterson at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 17 09:12:49 EDT 2014

For those who haven’t yet applied the separate patches to MacOS, Security Update 2014-005 includes the bash fixes, as well as other things.

https://isc.sans.edu/forums/diary/Apple+Updates+not+just+Yosemite+/18851

And for the curious, I put 10.10 on my tertiary machine last night (my laptop) and it promptly broke Lync 2011 authentication, so if you want to use Lync, I’d hold off for the nonce. The fix I found on an MSDN blog didn’t work for me.

Mike

--
Never ask two questions in a business letter.  The reply will discuss the
one in which you are least interested, and say nothing about the other.