[MacTUG] IST is moving to East Campus

Heather Wey hawey at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 8 14:42:45 EDT 2014

What is happening? Information Systems & Technology (IST) is moving from our current locations in the Math & Computer building (MC) and Engineering 2 (E2) to the East Campus 2 building.  See the campus map for building locations - https://uwaterloo.ca/map/

When is this happening? The move will be staged with groups in IST moving in blocks starting on October 17.

When will the move be complete? Most IST groups will be moved in before the new year, however some services may take longer due to renovation requirements and other considerations (eg. ITMS Production studio, the CHIP, Media loans, Exam/survey processing).

How will you know if someone in IST has moved? We will update our contacts list on the IST site as people move to the new building  (https://uwaterloo.ca/ist/about/people<https://uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/about/people>).

How will you know if a service in IST has moved? We will update our services catalogue on the IST site as services move to the new building  (https://uwaterloo.ca/ist/services<https://uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/services>).

What won't be moving? Skills for the Electronic Workplace (SEW) courses will still be held in MC 1078, MC 2060, and MC 2009.  IST Friday morning professional development seminars will still be held in MC 2009. Multimedia equipment loans and the Data Centre will remain in MC.

Questions/concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk (CHIP), helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> or ext 84357.

Recipients of this message:  uwweb, isthd, faccus, ist-staff, admin-support, ctsc, ucist, mactug, MSC, SSO, Bulletin

Heather Wey
IST Communications
University of Waterloo
519-888-4567 x35878