[MacTUG] Automatic iCloud storage of data (MacOS, iOS)

Mike Patterson mpatterson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 5 18:05:55 EST 2014

ArsTechnica had a post on documents automatically being saved to iCloud:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/11/critics-chafe-as-macs-send-sensitive-docs-to-icloud-without-warning/
(warning, ArsTechnica article links to Slate article links to original blog post, which contains some foul language)

I haven’t changed a great deal on my 10.10 machine, although all I have selected in iCloud is Contacts. I wasn’t able to reproduce in this config, although I was irritated at my iPhone installing Pages, then promptly telling me to update it once I started the app.

In any case, something to keep an eye out for, either as responders to security incidents or Mac client support folk.

Mike