[MacTUG] Renewing Apple certificates

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 7 12:08:47 EST 2014

This may be of use to anyone who is battling with renewing certificates on Mac Server.

In hindsight it seems reasonable but I missed it.

I renewed my certificates but I was still getting email messages that my apple push notification service cert was gonna expire soon.

I assumed it I went to the “Certificates” section (in the Server App window on the left column under ‘Services’) and ensured all my certificates being used were up to date, that this would be sufficient. However this does not include the certificate used for “Apple Push Notifications” In the main window of the server app, if you click on the server name there are three horizontal tabs. If you click on the Settings tab and if you have enabled apple push notifications you will see and Edit button. If you click on this you can renew this Cert.

This is explained towards the bottom of this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20560014#20560014#20560014

You can also go to https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/ and check on what certs you have used. I have a bunch of soon to expire ones there but I am not going to delete them yet as I want to see if they will clear out when they expire.

Some people in this thread say that renewing the cert is not enough, but I will let this chug through the system for a bit and see if the notifications stop.

------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/people/don.html
To request help from MAD please us "Request Tracker". For info see: http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/computing/faculty_staff/
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.