[MacTUG] Spinning beach ball with Office 2011

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 27 10:53:32 EDT 2013

We have a few folks that get lovely spinning beach balls with office. Needless to say I can find a lot of stuff out there on the web about this, but nothing seems to be jumping out at me.

We are not talking about crashing and we are really not talking about the startup process. We are talking about random 15 to 30+ second periods where the beach ball will show up grinding everything to a halt. Some people have moved back to the previous version and things are fine there. I have not personally encountered it. It is of course, nice and random so they cannot replicate it always for us but we have seen it on their machines. It is usually Word or Excel doing it and not always super complex documents.

Any words of wisdom on this one?
------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people/donald-duff-mccracken

To request help from MAD please use Request Tracker. For info see:
https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/~wwwrt/cgi-bin/rtuser.pl

This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.