[MacTUG] Issues with Mavericks and IMAP/Exchange

Trevor Bain etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 28 09:34:38 EDT 2013

I am not sure if anybody has seen issues with Mac Mail under Mavericks and our Exchange servers here on campus but thought I would forward this article link and Apple discussion thread just in case (it suggests that moving to a 5 minute message check interval may work for some):

The company's analysis of the issue suggests that the mail app uses legal IMAP instructions, but in a stupid way.
Exchange users are also less-than-thrilled with Mavericks, noting that Mail does not always collect email in a timely fashion. Some users report<https://discussions.apple.com/message/23484814#23484814> that they have to restart Mail to get any email. Gmail is also not playing well with Mail, frustrating users with buggy performance.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/27/os_x_mavericks_mail_client_spews_infinite_spam/
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23484814#23484814

--
Trevor Bain, IST