[MacTUG] Profile Manager without Web Server

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 13 14:11:57 EDT 2013

Hi Dani

I cannot see how you can run it without web services.

I guess it does not need to be on all the time. For sure it needs to be on
when you are defining your profiles and enrol computers, etc. I guess once
that is all set up (and you were not enrolling any further computers) at
that point web services may become moot (till you needed to fart around
with the profiles or enrol new computers).

I do know that other ports are used by PM for push notifications etc, such
as 2195,2196,5223 and 1640 (all TCP)

In fact according to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5302 80/443 are only
used to accessing the web interface, so I guess that is enuff for mr
krpyted to say it is 'not required', as in 'not required to be on all the
time'?

That is my guess. I say, just ignore him and leave 'er on ;-)
------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
https://uwaterloo.ca/environment-computing/about/people/donald-duff-mccrack
en

------------
To request help from MAD please use Request Tracker. For info see:
https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/~wwwrt/cgi-bin/rtuser.pl

This email communication is intended as a private communication for the
sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies
in the original message. The information contained in this email is
private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are
hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or
distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are
not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that
you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.