[MacTUG] Mountain Lion default SSH running!

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 5 11:02:26 EST 2013

Did anyone else notice that? We probably have a ton of macs out there that have SSH and Screen Sharing in by default. That is not good and a departure for Apple. Apple used to rationalize not having its firewall enabled by default by stating that Apple did not enable services willy-nilly. This seems at least a bit on the nilly side of things.

I once turned SSH on for my lab macs so I could have a back door and then a bunch of guys in Russia started using it too!

Sent by Don's iPhone