No subject

Mon Oct 29 21:31:58 EDT 2012

Printer Status problem with Xerox Phaser 8560DX printer
Problem

Xerox Phaser 8560DX printer will send a "Printer Status" job every time a d=
ocument is printed. When it's installed from Nexus (nxsartsapp) the "Printe=
r Status" job get stuck in the queue.

Solution

To fix this problem remove the line starting with *cupsCommands from the pr=
inter's definition file. The printer definition file is located in /etc/cup=
s/ppd/ and it's named after the printer's name with extension .ppd

To remove the line:

  1.  Open Terminal by going to Finder Menu/Go/Utilities then double-click =
Terminal

  2.  Remove the line starting with *cupsCommands (line 24) from the printe=
r definition file:

For printer NXSARTSAPP-p_aco_bw:

sudo sed -e s/^*cupsCommands.*$// -i .backup /etc/cups/ppd/NXSARTSAPP_p_aco=
_bw.ppd

Done