[MacTUG] iPad 2 iOS 5, email/calendar issue with exchange

Trevor Bain etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 9 12:02:24 EST 2011

We've set up an iPad 2 from scratch on iOS 5 successfully using the Exchange setting.

Make sure you put the domain on the first setup screen (ads). And, when you click/touch "Next" you may do a double-take thinking it hasn't worked but it's actually come back with all of the same entries but added (sneaked in) a new field for the server name that you must now enter (connect.uwaterloo.ca). Click/Touch "Next" and you should be on your way (with check marks down the side on the iPad to indicate success). Not sure if this is the problem you're running into - I took a couple of runs at it (cursing complex passwords and a keypad without a number/char row) before I realized the new field was there.

Trevor

--
Trevor Bain, IST
University of Waterloo