[MacTUG] iPad 2 iOS 5, email/calendar issue with exchange

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 9 11:11:37 EST 2011

I am having problems setting up their new iPad 2, with iOS 5 to connect to our exchange server as an "Microsoft Exchange" server. It works fine if I choose "Other", but not "Exchange".
Under iOS 4, this wasn't a problem. It also isn't a problem if one has their email setup under iOS4, and then upgrades to iOS5

Has anyone yet setup a fresh ipad/iphone/ipod touch using the "Microsoft Exchange" account option under iOS 5?

[cid:3F3A74D8-8538-4ACB-9B95-73B89FFF47BD at uwaterloo.ca]

Any tricks/suggestions?

Note: This is being done from off campus, if anyone thinks that might matter.