[MacTUG] Firefox 4 woes

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Fri May 6 18:05:12 EDT 2011

Hi Dani,

Firefox doesn't use Mac OS X standard .plist XML style config file so I suspect you have edit it preferences to point to network directory. Sadly you will also not be able to manage the way you use .plist file in MCX (preference Manifests). Other changes might consider where cache files go.

Here the full list of preferences.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Preferences

Of course getting these init preferences in to correct user home directory is challenging.

Sorry don't have any workarounds arounds for this. It it the nature of firefox preference design.  Also examine the permission on file as well.

See also...
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Macos-x-server/2008/May/msg00242.html
http://www.bresink.com/osx/300268194/Docs-en/pgs/Manifest.html
http://images.apple.com/education/docs/Apple-ClientManagementWhitePaper.pdf

Steve

On 2011-05-06, at 5:12 PM, Dani Roloson wrote:

> It seems to delete bookmarks for remote home directories
> and I remember this happening early in 3.  Updating to 4.0.1
> didn't help. I guess I'll have to downgrade to 3.6.17. 8-(
>
> Dani

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu