No subject

Thu Jun 9 10:50:03 EDT 2011

Something like that (including the $49 for next OS) would be cool.

Wow, that is also the first reference to an OS X version after lion -- after all, all the fanbois are talking about the lion being the king of that cats and is therefore the last OS X. Steve, no need to comment on that one, haha
------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/people/don.html
------------
To request help from MAD please us "Request Tracker". For info see: http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/computing/faculty_staff/
------------
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.
From: mactug-bounces at lists.uwaterloo.ca [mactug-bounces at lists.uwaterloo.ca] on behalf of Steve Hellyer [phasetwo at apple.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:43 AM
To: MacTUG
Subject: Re: [MacTUG] Apple outlines Lion upgrade path for business and education customers | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Hi Marlon,

We (Apple Canada) are naturally pretty closely alined with US, but there with be some small tweeks in programs for Canada. The details of which we are still waiting to here.  Hence most of this is correct. I am waiting for Canadian PDF which outlines the subtle changes such as contact point, pricing, and purchase differences (if any).

Regards,

Steve

On 2011-06-17, at 4:34 PM, Marlon A. Griffith wrote:

> """
> Education customers will contact their Apple Education Account Representatives or buy through the Education Store. Schools get Lion as part of the Apple Software Collection -- Mac OS, iLife, and iWork -- with prices starting at $39 per license for a minimum order quantity of 25 licenses.
>
> Existing Volume License, Maintenance, and Apple Education Licensing Program customers will receive one redemption code for each contract that can be used to download Lion from the Mac App Store. That single copy of the Install Mac OS X Lion application is used to install Lion on other Mac systems at the school or business.
>
> Once the install app has been downloaded, administrators just copy it to the target systems and run the installer. Administrators can use the System Image Utility in OS X Lion Server to build NetInstall (link to PDF) or NetRestore images to assist in performing mass deployments.
> """
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/17/apple-outlines-lion-upgrade-path-for-business-and-education-cust/

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu