[MacTUG] Machine base images

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Tue Jan 18 10:22:24 EST 2011

Hi Dani,

10.6.6 (Build 10J567) is supported on all qualified Mac OS X 10.6 Mac Hardware. No need to have different versions.
If Apple release a new machine it will likely have new system and it would require that updated system to run it.  Build will be different but system number will be the same (ie 10.6.6).  That new system will likely not have been tested on anything but the new hardware release. Later, one tested, a dot release update will make supported on older hardware.

Regards,

Steve

On 2011-01-18, at 9:57 AM, Dani Roloson wrote:

> Should I be keeping separate images for Mac minis vs. iMacs?
> For instance, does the iMac have extra stuff for the iSight?
>
> What about different sizes of iMacs? Less likely I'm guessing.
>
> Dani

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.ca/buy/locator/
Select Service Locations from pull down menu