[MacTUG] Workgroup manager not forgetting deleted computer

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Dec 20 11:31:21 EST 2011

An update:
I have kludged a workaround. While the computer in question appears to be binding, it is not automatically appearing in the 'Computers' tab of WGM with the dollar sign on the end of it's name. But when I do go to the "Computer Groups" tab and click on the "…" button, I see it there (again, without the $ sign on the name). I can then add it from there, and things are fine.

This is still curious however for a few reasons:

  1.  I am not sure why it is not auto-populating the Computers list
  2.  When I click on the "…" button, it is listing all my computers without the $ sign.
  3.  I am not sure why this happened this time, and what I did wrong. More or less I have done the same thing before (replace an older machine with a newer one). I think the one thing I did different was that I deleted the old entry (with the $ sign) from WGM. My rationale was that the both the old computer and the newer computer were in WGM, so I thought I should clear them both out before rebuilding the newer machine.

So this has dropped down from being a big problem to a niggling one that I do not want to have repeat on my in the future. If anyone can shed any light on this, let me know :-)

Don

And have a good Xmas if this is my last correspondence for the year to you guys!

------------------------------------
Donald Duff-McCracken
Technical Services Manager
Mapping, Analysis & Design
Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567 x32151
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/people/don.html
To request help from MAD please us Request Tracker. For info see: http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/computing/faculty_staff/<http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/computing/faculty_staff/>
This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately.