[MacTUG] Lion and screen sharing

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 2 10:34:33 EDT 2011

Hi there
I screen share a few machines and I had noticed that I could not connect to my lion macs using 'connect to server' > vnc://servername.stuff.stuff

It kept on saying that connection failed. I read a few places on line that turning off "Remote Management" (Sys Prefs>Sharing) or turning off the user under this setting and then re-enabling things can resolve it.

I did this and it works. I did not do this in a reproducible-enough manner, as I cannot remember the order I did things in but I turned off remote management and then turned it back on again, I deleted the user (me) and then re-added me again, and stuff like that and things are now fine!

don