[MacTUG] Office 2011 requires intel processor

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 28 15:54:29 EDT 2010

Office 2011 no longer runs on G5/G4 systems, only on intel systems.

This might not be that much of a problem when it comes to Word/Excel/
PowerPoint users with non-intel mac can simply stay with Office 2008
for these apps.

However, if the users want/need Outlook for calendar, not being able
to run Office 2011 would be an issue.

I do not know how critical this is, but I do know that there are still
some non-intel mac users on campus. Comments anyone?

Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 AND Microsoft Office
for Mac Academic 2011
System Requirements
A Mac computer with an Intel processor
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later
1 GB of RAM or more
2.5 GB of available hard disk space
HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a
network)
Safari 5 or later recommended