[MacTUG] Flaky internet at startup

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Fri Oct 22 10:05:03 EDT 2010

Glenn is this a WIFI connection or wired?

Steve

On 2010-10-21, at 11:34 PM, Glenn Anderson wrote:

> When I start up my Mac mini at home lately, I get really flaky internet for the first while, and then it works just fine. It almost looks like it needs to "warm" up.
>
> The internet is fine, as at the same time another Mac has no problems going to the same site and using the internet.
>
> Web pages may come up with problems, see screen capture of safari's report. Other times the page comes up fine, but click on a link and it reports the computer isn't connected to the internet.
>
> <Screen shot 2010-10-21 at 11.23.27 PM.png>
>
> Anyone encounter this sort of things?

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.com/ca/buy/locator/