[MacTUG] NHR - Network Home Redirector

Ian Turner iturner at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 6 12:05:34 EDT 2010

a tiny clarification

we are not using NHR anymore for redirection - we are using built-in
Leopard managed client capability

but, since we had started using NHR back in Tiger, and have "other
stuff" in the login hooks, we continue to use that capability

The login hooks are customized; built into our image

BUT
The "masters" on on our server and can be revised as needed, and I have
ARD tasks to push out any revisions and to fix the ownership after pushing!
(I unpacked the scripts, to separate them from the installation process
that enables them)
So, it is "our code", not "someone elses"