[MacTUG] Yet another Outlook note

Donald Duff-McCracken dsmccrac at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 10 15:21:08 EST 2010

I just (gasp) converted a Mail.app user to Outlook. Such blasphemy ;-)

I did so as the user in question is a calendar power user and wanted to move to Outlook for Calandaring versus using iCal.

At any rate, a heads up that Outlook does not import in Address Book's data. However if they are using Address Book with Snow Leopard, their address book should already be in exchange.

I will do things differently the next time I  import in Mail.app data. I imported the mail in from mail.app, but this is only really needed if the user has local folders. If the user has everything on the server, don't bother importing stuff into Outlook, just create a new account and let Outlook bring things in fresh.