[MacTUG] SMB Days of Deals | Dell Canada

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Thu May 27 11:20:47 EDT 2010

Not sure any of this is MacTug business.  Perhaps DellTug business?

Sorry Stephen you won't get any flowery messages from me about a company that suggested Apple close business and give money back to investors. http://news.cnet.com/Dell-Apple-should-close-shop/2100-1001_3-203937.html

It may have come across differently in the email, but really I was not to knocking Dell. Rather I was saying that study after study Apple outperforms all competitors in this way.  If you choose to ignore the data then that is your prerogative.

Yes I understand you volunteer for free at the daycare and I know what its called. Many of us also do it.  I myself volunteer at charity events using my skills as an amateur radio operator (HAM) and provide communication in the event of a emergencies (Tornado, Hurricanes and such).
These pursuits are to be congratulated and I whole heartedly support your efforts. However, I think you missed my point about cost of ownership.

I do not wish to debate you via email.  Not sure what possible positive could come of that?  I understand you like Dell.  My efforts here on this mailing list is to help Mac users at UWaterloo as much as I can. Just as I expect a Dell Systems Engineer will spend time to help Dell users on that mailing list.

Regards,

Steve

On 2010-05-26, at 3:35 PM, Stephen Markan wrote:

> Sorry Steve but I can't let you knock Dell's support (despite the cnet article!)
>  The Dell Support included was:
> 3 Year ProSupport for End Users and 3 Year NBD Onsite Service - which is 24/7 voice support and next day on-site replacement or repair. And the centre has used the warranty - Dell support really is there within 24 hours and the systems are back up and running within 24 hours.
>
> My time to them is free - it is called giving back to the community. For a non-profit - especially in the current fiscal environment every dollar is important.
>
> Anyway that is my last comment because this isn't really MacTUG business - but happy to debate with you via email
>
> cheers
> Stephen

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Training Websites
http://training.apple.com/
http://www.witzapplecertifiedtraining.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
tel:1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support for individual consumers)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/macosxserver_sw_supt.html

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://www.apple.com/ca/buy/locator/