[MacTUG] another odd problem

Richard Crispin rcrispin at sju-serv1.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 4 13:31:08 EDT 2010

After converting to 10.6 we are having this peculiar e-mail problem. I
will try and explain the behaviour as clearly as I can but it is a bit
confusing.

On our Open Directory we have everyone who works at SJU listed. We have
been moving people's e-mail from sju.uwaterloo.ca to
connect.uwaterloo.ca. In the mail section of OD we put a forward on
their e-mail and directed it to their uwaterloo account. The short name
we have used is the same as the short watiam id (max 8 characters). If
we send an e-mail to a userid at uwaterloo.ca it gets bounced as an unknown
user. If we send to userid at connect.uwaterloo.ca it goes through. If we
change the forward to be userid at connect.uwaterloo.ca then it works as well.

Any ideas what is going on with this.

--
Richard Crispin
Information Systems Admine-mail:rcrispin at sju.uwaterloo.ca
St. Jerome's University     phone:Days (519)884-8111 ext. 28260
290 Westmount Rd. N         FAX:(519)725-0015
Waterloo, Ont.  N2L 3G3
Canada
---
When I die I'd like to die the way my grandfather died, peacefully in
     his sleep...      ... not screaming and shouting, like his passengers.
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!" Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales
"Time, heat and pressure.
    The same things that make a diamond also make a waffle." Scott Meyer
"Every morning is the dawn of a new error." unknown