[MacTUG] Safari Automatically Downloads

Jeff Dunnett jdunnett at math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 4 09:18:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

Currently my Safari 4 installation automatically downloads a file and
saves it to my desktop.  Is there a way so that the when downloading
the file it asks me if I want to open it and lets me choose the
program (or automatically choses but still asked me if I want to open
it).  I tried Googling it but couldn't find a quick answer.  The
reason I ask this is that I am having problems downloading Excel
reports from FORE.  It seems to be producing the reports in the xsl
when they are really in .xslx format.  The only way I can get them to
open is if I try to open them on download using IE.  Which is a
problem on a Mac :)

Regards,
Jeff