[MacTUG] OnBase document management system upgrade - testing info

Andrew Ward amward at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 3 10:36:33 EDT 2009

There have been some requests for details about what operating systems
and browser versions we have been using for our OnBase document
management system upgrade testing.

Upgrade testing is being performed on the following software combinations:
-ActiveX client on Windows PC/Internet Explorer 7
-Java client on Windows PC/Firefox
-Java client on Windows PC/Internet Explorer 7
-Java client on Mac OSX/Safari
-Java client on Mac OSX/Firefox

For those who are interested in specific software version numbers, our
set of test machines includes the following software:
WinXP 5.1.2600 SP3 (Build 2600)
IE (Windows) 7.0.5730.11
Firefox (Windows) 3.0.7 and 3.5.2
Java (Windows) 1.4.2_03-b02

Mac OSX 10.5.7 (Intel) and 10.4.11 (PPC)
Safari (Mac) 4.0 (4530.17) and 4.0.2 (5530.19)
Firefox (Mac) 3.0.7 and 3.0.11
Java (Mac) 1.5.0_19-b02-304 and 1.5.0_19-b02-306

There are several additional machines that have been used for parts of
the testing that have different builds of some of the listed versions.

If you have any questions, or have machines that are significantly
different from our test systems, please let us know.

Regards,

Andrew Ward
Information Systems, IST