[MacTUG] Software Update stalls

Dani Roloson daroloso at mfcf.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 16 11:44:09 EDT 2009

> I've even tried downloading and installing one at a time
> but it seems to not get past running install script.
> I think a lock file got left behind and it sits and waits
> for another install to finish that doesn't exist.
> Any ideas?

Ian vaguely recalled something on MacFixIt and I found

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20050304004619470

Repairing permissions worked though I'm not sure why.

Dani
MFCF

Repairing permissions for "Macintosh HD"
Determining correct file permissions.
Permissions differ on ./Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Frameworks/InternetUtilities.bundle/Contents/MacOS/InternetUtilities, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rwxrwxr-x
Owner and group corrected on ./Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Frameworks/InternetUtilities.bundle/Contents/MacOS/InternetUtilities
Permissions corrected on ./Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Frameworks/InternetUtilities.bundle/Contents/MacOS/InternetUtilities
Permissions differ on ./Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Shockwave 10/Shockwave 10 Preferences, should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Owner and group corrected on ./Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Shockwave 10/Shockwave 10 Preferences
Permissions corrected on ./Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Shockwave 10/Shockwave 10 Preferences
Permissions differ on ./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/baton, should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are -r--r--r--
Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/baton
Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/baton
Group differs on ./cores, should be 80, group is 0
Permissions differ on ./cores, should be drwxrwxr-t , they are drwxrwxrwt
Owner and group corrected on ./cores
Permissions corrected on ./cores
Group differs on ./private/etc/authorization, should be 80, group is 0
Owner and group corrected on ./private/etc/authorization
Permissions corrected on ./private/etc/authorization
Permissions differ on ./private/var/log/secure.log, should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r-----
Owner and group corrected on ./private/var/log/secure.log
Permissions corrected on ./private/var/log/secure.log
Permissions differ on ./usr/libexec/dumpemacs, should be -r-xr-xr-x , they are -r-sr-xr-x
Owner and group corrected on ./usr/libexec/dumpemacs
Permissions corrected on ./usr/libexec/dumpemacs

Permissions repair complete