[MacTUG] MS Remote Desktop Connection license expiry?

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 11 10:16:02 EDT 2009

Hello all,

The mac MS RDC client is free. However, after a certain period, users get a message saying that their license has expired. Engineering's server license is a site license, and thus fine. On the windows side, this happens after 120 days. However, there is a registry key that you must reset to get the client connecting to the terminal server again.

On the mac side, I suspect there is a plist file buried in the system somewhere that holds this information. I could not find it. If anyone has solved this situation, how?

tia,
Marlon, x38146