[MacTUG] MS Remote Desktop Connection install and run locations on Mac OS X

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 28 12:35:09 EDT 2009

This is a summary of my attempt to renew an expired temporary license on a MS terminal server from a Mac client.

Enjoy,
Marlon

===================
Problem
-------

To completely remove Microsoft's (MS) Macintosh Remote Desktop Connection client from Mac OS X.

File Locations
---------------

/Applications/Remote Desktop Connection.app

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/

/Library/Receipts/Office2008_en_autoupdate.pkg

/Library/Receipts/Remote Desktop Connection.pkg OR /private/tmp/Remote Desktop Connection.pkg

/Users/userName/Library/Caches/com.apple.installer/Cache.db
/Users/userName/Library/Caches/remote desktop connection
/Users/userName/Library/Caches/remote desktop connection/bcache22.bmc
/Users/userName/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems

/Users/userName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.recentitems.plist
/Users/userName/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.autoupdate2.plist
/Users/userName/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.rdc.plist

/Users/Shared/Microsoft

Result
------

The terminal server still said my license was expired.

Final Solutions